Saturday, March 9, 2019

WELCOME TO OUR NEW COLLEGE TEACHER

Hello dear teachers, parents, students and whānau, I'm truly looking forward to joining you all at Riverdale! I'm originally from Kilifi, Kenya, a small little town on the Indian Ocean filled with coconut trees and laughter. I've travelled for most of my life, and I chose to come to Aotearoa New Zealand for my teaching studies because I greatly admire the reflective and responsive ideas that influence the education system in this country. I'm inspired by the emphasis on creativity, collaboration, contextual learning, cultural integration and social and spiritual care that underpins the teaching practice here. (I also love alliteration :)) Before relocating for my studies I was a Global Citizenship and French subject teacher back in Kenya, and I have led arts and music camps in Malawi. Teaching is more than a profession to me, it is my purpose! As you get to know me, you'll find that I'm an open book and love conversations about any and every thing... I'm a sailor, an environmentalist, a questioner and an explorer at heart. 
I can't wait to meet you all!
Hei te Rāhina!
Alexia Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment